quarta-feira, 16 de novembro de 2022

Kendrick Lamar - The Heart Part 5


The Heart Part 5

As I get a little older
I realize life is perspective
And my perspective may differ from yours
I wanna say thank you to everyone that's been down with me
All my fans, all my beautiful fans
Anyone who's ever gave me a listen
All my people

I come from a generation of pain, where murder is minor
Rebellious and Margielas'll chip you for designer
Belt buckles and clout, overzealous if prone to violence
Make the wrong turn, be it will or the wheel alignment
Residue burned, mist of the inner-city
Miscommunication to keep homi' detective busy
No protection is risky
Desensitized, I vandalized pain, covered up and camouflaged
Get used to hearing arsenal rain
Analyze, risk your life, take the charge
Homies done fucked your baby mama once you hit the yard
That's culture
Twenty-three hour lockdown, then somebody called
Said your lil nephew was shot down, the culture's involved
I done seen niggas do seventeen, hit the halfway house
Get out and get his brains blown out, looking to buy some weed
Car wash is played out, new GoFundMe accounts'll proceed
A brand-new victim'll shatter those dreams, the culture

(I want, I want, I want, I want)
But I want you to want me too (I want, I want, I want, I want)
I want the hood to want me back (I want, I want, I want, I want)
I want the hood

Look what I done for you (look what I done for you)
Look what I done for you

I said I do this for my culture
To let y'all know what a nigga look like in a bulletproof Rover
In my mama's sofa was a doo-doo popper
Hair trigger, walk up closer, ain't no Photoshopping
Friends bipolar, grab you by your pockets
No option if you froze up, always play the offense
Niggas going to work and selling work, late for work
Working late, praying for work, but he on paperwork
That's the culture, point the finger, promote ya
Remote location, witness protection, they gon' hold ya
The streets got me fucked up
Y'all can miss me
I wanna represent for us
New revolution was up and moving
I'm in Argentina wiping my tears full of confusion
Water in between us, another peer's been executed
History repeats again
Make amends, then find a nigga with the same skin to do it

But that's the culture, crack a bottle
Hard to deal with the pain when you're sober
By tomorrow we forget the remains, we start over
That's the problem
Our foundation was trained to accept whatever follows

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Powered By Blogger